What to Expect at VMMS
VMMS provides an inclusive academic model for ALL students. Students with specialized accommodations stated in a student's IEP are supported in the general education classrooms. For more Vista Unified School District Special Education Program information, click HERE.
All students at VMMS:
- Wear collared shirts and lanyards
- Participate in Service as Action (community service)
- Participate in a rigorous curriculum and complete multiple projects each quarter
- Complete nightly homework that typically includes:
- Practice math problems
- Read independently
- Write reflections frequently
VMMS RSP FAQs
What type of RSP students have attended VMMS?
- SLD (Specific Learning Disability)
- OHI (including ADHD)
- ASD (Autism/Asperger's Syndrome)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Vision Impaired
- Hearing Impaired
- Orthopedic Impairment
What services do you offer?
- Study Skills for 1 period a day
- Inclusion support in general education classes
- Service provider support (i.e. OT, PT, APE as per IEP)
- FAPE in the Least Restrictive Environment
How do I get in to VMMS?
- Fill out application
- Inform current IEP Case Manager now to set up a transition meeting
- Admissions based on IEP team decision
What is Study Skills?
- Support class for students with IEP
- Support students in their general education learning
- Small group setting
- Work on organization and study skills
- Project support
What is IB MYP?
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programe
- A framework of learning which encourages students to become creative, critical and reflective thinkers.
- It emphasizes intellectual challenge, encouraging students to make connections between their studies in traditional subjects and to the real world.